Passport Offices in Rhode Island
Looking to get a passport in Rhode Island, there are 20 local passport acceptance agent offices. Even though you cannot receive a passport onsite at the acceptance agents you will still be able to get your documents sealed and receive standard expediting (up to 3 weeks) if necessary.
Did You Know? In 2015 there was an estimated 1,056,298 residents of Rhode Island and approximately 4.8% of those residents received passports. Total passport recipients in Rhode Island increased by 4,954 applications in 2015 from the prior year.
Find a passport office near you
Enter your zipcode into our passport office locator to find the closet passport office to your location.
Cities with Passport Offices in Rhode Island
20 passport acceptance offices in 18 Rhode Island cities: these offices served an average of 2,535 Rhode Island residents each in 2013. Just click on a Rhode Island city and you can view all the passport offices in that city. At these local passport acceptance agents you can: apply for a passport, have your documents sealed, apply for a child passport, apply for passport renewal, or get help replacing a lost passport. The fastest you will be able to receive a passport at ANY of these local offices is 3 weeks.
- Barrington Passport Offices
- Bristol Passport Offices
- Coventry Passport Offices
- Cranston Passport Offices
- Cumberland Passport Offices
- East Providence Passport Offices
- Greenville Passport Offices
- Little Compton Passport Offices
- New Shoreham Passport Offices
- Newport Passport Offices
- North Scituate Passport Offices
- Pawtucket Passport Offices
- Providence Passport Offices
- Wakefield Passport Offices
- Warren Passport Offices
- Warwick Passport Offices
- Westerly Passport Offices
- Woonsocket Passport Offices
Frequently Asked Questions About Passports in Rhode Island
Depending on what type of passport application you are doing, you will start filling out a passport application. You should fill it out online and print it.
- If you are renewing your passport, you can just mail in your printed application.
- For a new application or replacement passport application, you will need to visit a local passport office in Rhode Island, there are such passport offices spread out throughout the entire state. You will bring your application, supporting documents, and passport photos to an acceptance agent to seal your documents.
Standard processing is currently 10-12 weeks, expedited service is 4-6 weeks. You can visit a regional passport office if you have proof of travel within 72 hours. It is currently not possible to get a passport faster through an expediting company.
You can find the closest passport offices near you using our passport office locator or by selecting a city (from the list above) in Rhode Island near you.