Need it Fast?Get a passport in as quick as 24 hours

McLeod County Recorder: Passport Office in Glencoe MN

McLeod County Recorder
2389 Hennepin Ave N
Glencoe, MN 55336
Hours of Operation Shown in (CST)
8:00AM - 4:00PM
8:00AM - 4:00PM
8:00AM - 4:00PM
8:00AM - 4:00PM
8:00AM - 4:00PM

Handicap Accessible (ADA): Yes

Passport Photos: Yes, the McLeod County Recorder takes passport photographs onsite - Please review our guide to Passport Photos, it has a lot of great information about the specifics of passport photos. We have also compiled a list of places to get passport photos in Glencoe.

Glencoe Passport Office: McLeod County Recorder Location Overview

McLeod County Recorder is an acceptance agent/passport office. For passport service in Glencoe, MN you can go here for passport help. McLeod County Recorder is a County / State facility that is able to witness your signature and seal your passport documents - standard processing is 4-8 weeks. This office DOES NOT issue passports, they will send your passport forms directly to a regional passport facility. There are NO other passport acceptance agent offices located in Glencoe. McLeod County Recorder is located in Glencoe County, Minnesota.

About McLeod County Recorder

McLeod County Recorder is not a passport issuance facility and you will NOT receive a passport on-site there. This facility is an acceptance agent, the McLeod County Recorder is sort of like a special notary for the Department of State / Passport Agency in which they can "Witness" your signature and officially "Seal" your application and documents. There is a separate $35 fee for this that is paid at the time of sealing.

Needs to visit an acceptance agent
New Passports Application (Child or Adult)
Lost / Damaged Passport Replacement

No Need to visit an acceptance agent
Passport Renewal
Passport Name Change Application

Passport Processing Times at McLeod County Recorder

Standard Processing - Because of Covid-19, the current processing times are 10-12 weeks after submitting an application.

Expedited Processing - You can pay an extra $60 when sealing your documents at McLeod County Recorder to get your passport quicker, typically in 4-6 weeks.

Emergency Processing - (NOT AVAILABLE at McLeod County Recorder): If you have proof of travel within 3 days you can request an emergency appointment at one of the regional passport offices close to Glencoe. Also see our info about 3rd-party passport expediters.

Nearest Regional Passport Offices to Glencoe, MN

Chicago Passport Agency - 335.7 Miles
Detroit Passport Agency - 506.4 Miles
Colorado Passport Agency - 563.5 Miles

Passport Services Offered at McLeod County Recorder

Passport Forms - If you need to pick up a physical pre-printed application that you can fill out by hand, the McLeod County Recorder will have pre-printed passport forms. You may also get passport forms from our website and print them on your own printer.

Passport Document Sealing / Passport Application Signature Witness - McLeod County Recorder is an official Acceptance Agent as appointed by the Department of State. Certain municipal and postal employees at this location are authorized to "Witness" your signature (kind of like a notary).
NOTE: not required for passport renewals
Acceptance Agent fee is $35 (see more about Acceptance Agent Fees)

4-6 week passport expediting / 10-12-week standard passport service - These are the standard processing times for passports, please see processing times for McLeod County Recorder.

Passport Photos - They can take and print your passport photos on site, typically $10-15.

McLeod County Recorder Service Area Radius

This passport office is located in - Mcleod County and serves the passport needs for residents of other nearby zipcodes including: 55336, 55366, 55312, 55370, 55307, 55338, 55339, 55354, 55381, 55334, 55399, 55594, 55553, 55567, 55573, 55550, 55551, 55552, 55556

Frequently asked questions

How fast can I get a passport at McLeod County Recorder?

McLeod County Recorder does not issue passports, they are sent to a central processing facility, it will take at a minimum of 4 weeks if using expedited service and up to 12 weeks for standard processing.

I need a passport sooner than that, what are my options?

It's about 680 miles roundtrip, so it is pretty far from Glencoe to Chicago Passport Agency, the closest passport issuing agency. You might want to consider using a passport expediting service to save you the time of going there yourself.

Does McLeod County Recorder charge for passports?

McLeod County Recorder is an acceptance agent, McLeod County Recorder does not issue passports – they do however charge the standard $35 acceptance agent fee to seal your documents, this is only required for new or replacement passport applications; renewals do not need to be sealed and thus no acceptance agent fee is required. Please see our detailed information on passport fees.

Can I get walk-in passport service at McLeod County Recorder?

If by walk-in service you mean get your passport there at McLeod County Recorder? Then no. They do not issue passports, you can get walk-in passport issuance at a regional passport facility only, not local acceptance agent facilities; passport are sent to a central processing location.

Does McLeod County Recorder do passport renewals?

If you have your expired or soon-to-be expired passport, it is in good condition and the validity period on your expired passport was for 10-years, then you do not even need to visit an acceptance agent. You can do your application online, print-it and send it in with new passport photos, the old passport, and the required passport fees. See our guide about passport renewals to renew your passport yourself.

Can McLeod County Recorder tell me about the status of my application?

No, they are acceptance agents and have nothing to do with the application once they witness your signature and seal your application. Once an application is in-process, McLeod County Recorder will not be able to assist any further.

Does McLeod County Recorder take passport photos?

Yes, you can get your passport photos taken there. Here are a list of additional locations in Glencoe that takes passport photos.

What forms of payment does McLeod County Recorder accept?

You can pay for the acceptance agent fees and passport phtos (if you have them taken at McLeod County Recorder) with cash, check, debit card, or money order. Your passport application fees will be paid separately by check or money order only.