Siskiyou County Clerk: Passport Office in Yreka CA

Last Reviewed on March 1st, 2023

Siskiyou County Clerk
510 N Main St
Yreka, CA 96097
Hours of Operation Shown in (PST)
8:00AM - 5:00PM
8:00AM - 5:00PM
8:00AM - 5:00PM
8:00AM - 5:00PM
8:00AM - 5:00PM

Handicap Accessible (ADA): No

Passport Photos: No, you will need to get passport photos taken before going there. Here is our passport photo guide for reference and here is a list of places to get passport photos in Yreka.

Yreka Passport Office: Siskiyou County Clerk Location Overview

Siskiyou County Clerk is an acceptance agent/passport office. For passport service in Yreka, CA you can go here for passport help. Siskiyou County Clerk is a County / State facility that is able to witness your signature and seal your passport documents - standard processing is 4-8 weeks. This office DOES NOT issue passports, they will send your passport forms directly to a regional passport facility. There is 1 other passport acceptance agent offices located in Yreka. Siskiyou County Clerk is located in County, California.

About Siskiyou County Clerk

Siskiyou County Clerk is not a passport issuance facility and you will NOT receive a passport on-site there. This facility is an acceptance agent, the Siskiyou County Clerk is sort of like a special notary for the Department of State / Passport Agency in which they can "Witness" your signature and officially "Seal" your application and documents. There is a separate $35 fee for this that is paid at the time of sealing.

Needs to visit an acceptance agent
New Passports Application (Child or Adult)
Lost / Damaged Passport Replacement

Doesn't need to visit an acceptance agent
Passport Renewal
Passport Name Change Application

Passport Processing Times at Siskiyou County Clerk

Standard Processing - Because of Covid-19, the current processing times are 10-12 weeks after submitting an application.

Expedited Processing - You can pay an extra $60 when sealing your documents at Siskiyou County Clerk to get your passport quicker, typically in 4-6 weeks.

Emergency Processing - (NOT AVAILABLE at Siskiyou County Clerk): If you have proof of travel within 3 days you can request an emergency appointment at one of the regional passport offices close to Yreka. Also see our info about 3rd-party passport expediters.

Nearest Regional Passport Offices to Yreka, CA

San Francisco Passport Agency - 239.8 Miles
Seattle Passport Agency - 349.9 Miles
Los Angeles Passport Agency - 504.3 Miles

Passport Services Offered at Siskiyou County Clerk

Passport Forms - If you need to pick up a physical pre-printed application that you can fill out by hand, the Siskiyou County Clerk will have pre-printed passport forms. You may also get passport forms from our website and print them on your own printer.

Passport Document Sealing / Passport Application Signature Witness - Siskiyou County Clerk is an official Acceptance Agent as appointed by the Department of State. Certain municipal and postal employees at this location are authorized to "Witness" your signature (kind of like a notary).
NOTE: not required for passport renewals
Acceptance Agent fee is $35 (see more about Acceptance Agent Fees)

4-6 week passport expediting / 10-12-week standard passport service - These are the standard processing times for passports at any acceptance agent.

Siskiyou County Clerk Service Area Radius

This passport office is located in - Siskiyou County and serves the passport needs for residents of other nearby zipcodes including: 96097, 96530, 96550, 96050, 96038, 96044, 96085, 96032, 96064, 96037, 96034, 96086, 96027, 96094, 96014, 97540, 97520, 96049, 97530

Frequently asked questions

How fast can I get a passport at Siskiyou County Clerk?

Siskiyou County Clerk does not issue passports, they are sent to a central processing facility, it will take at a minimum of 4 weeks if using expedited service and up to 12 weeks for standard processing.

I need a passport sooner than that, what are my options?

It's about 480 miles roundtrip, so it is pretty far from Yreka to San Francisco Passport Agency, the closest passport issuing agency. You might want to consider using a passport expediting service to save you the time of going there yourself.

Does Siskiyou County Clerk charge for passports?

Siskiyou County Clerk is an acceptance agent, Siskiyou County Clerk does not issue passports – they do however charge the standard $35 acceptance agent fee to seal your documents, this is only required for new or replacement passport applications; renewals do not need to be sealed and thus no acceptance agent fee is required. Please see our detailed information on passport fees.

Can I get walk-in passport service at Siskiyou County Clerk?

If by walk-in service you mean get your passport there at Siskiyou County Clerk? Then no. They do not issue passports, you can get walk-in passport issuance at a regional passport facility only, not local acceptance agent facilities; passport are sent to a central processing location.

Does Siskiyou County Clerk do passport renewals?

If you have your expired or soon-to-be expired passport, it is in good condition and the validity period on your expired passport was for 10-years, then you do not even need to visit an acceptance agent. You can do your application online, print-it and send it in with new passport photos, the old passport, and the required passport fees. See our guide about passport renewals to renew your passport yourself.

Can Siskiyou County Clerk tell me about the status of my application?

No, they are acceptance agents and have nothing to do with the application once they witness your signature and seal your application. Once an application is in-process, Siskiyou County Clerk will not be able to assist any further.

Does Siskiyou County Clerk take passport photos?

No, you will have to get your passport photo taken before you go to Siskiyou County Clerk for the sealing of your passport. Do not go there without getting passport photos first or you will not get your application sealed. Here's the list of locations to get passport photos in Yreka.

What forms of payment does Siskiyou County Clerk accept?

You can pay for the acceptance agent fees with cash, check, debit card, or money order. Your passport application fees will be paid separately by check or money order only.

Scroll to top