Need it Fast?Get a passport in as quick as 24 hours

Rolette County Recorder: Passport Office in Rolla ND

Rolette County Recorder
102 2nd St NE
Rolla, ND 58367
Hours of Operation Shown in (CST)
8:30AM - 4:30PM
8:30AM - 4:30PM
8:30AM - 4:30PM
8:30AM - 4:30PM
8:30AM - 4:30PM

Handicap Accessible (ADA): Yes

Passport Photos: No, you will need to get passport photos taken before going there. Here is our passport photo guide for reference and here is a list of places to get passport photos in Rolla.

Rolla Passport Office: Rolette County Recorder Location Overview

Rolette County Recorder is an acceptance agent/passport office. For passport service in Rolla, ND you can go here for passport help. Rolette County Recorder is a County / State facility that is able to witness your signature and seal your passport documents - standard processing is 4-8 weeks. This office DOES NOT issue passports, they will send your passport forms directly to a regional passport facility. There are NO other passport acceptance agent offices located in Rolla. Rolette County Recorder is located in County, North Dakota.

About Rolette County Recorder

Rolette County Recorder is not a passport issuance facility and you will NOT receive a passport on-site there. This facility is an acceptance agent, the Rolette County Recorder is sort of like a special notary for the Department of State / Passport Agency in which they can "Witness" your signature and officially "Seal" your application and documents. There is a separate $35 fee for this that is paid at the time of sealing.

Needs to visit an acceptance agent
New Passports Application (Child or Adult)
Lost / Damaged Passport Replacement

Doesn't need to visit an acceptance agent
Passport Renewal
Passport Name Change Application

Passport Processing Times at Rolette County Recorder

Standard Processing - Because of Covid-19, the current processing times are 10-12 weeks after submitting an application.

Expedited Processing - You can pay an extra $60 when sealing your documents at Rolette County Recorder to get your passport quicker, typically in 4-6 weeks.

Emergency Processing - (NOT AVAILABLE at Rolette County Recorder): If you have proof of travel within 3 days you can request an emergency appointment at one of the regional passport offices close to Rolla. Also see our info about 3rd-party passport expediters.

Nearest Regional Passport Offices to Rolla, ND

Colorado Passport Agency - 596.2 Miles
Chicago Passport Agency - 654.4 Miles
Detroit Passport Agency - 795.1 Miles

Passport Services Offered at Rolette County Recorder

Passport Forms - If you need to pick up a physical pre-printed application that you can fill out by hand, the Rolette County Recorder will have pre-printed passport forms. You may also get passport forms from our website and print them on your own printer.

Passport Document Sealing / Passport Application Signature Witness - Rolette County Recorder is an official Acceptance Agent as appointed by the Department of State. Certain municipal and postal employees at this location are authorized to "Witness" your signature (kind of like a notary).
NOTE: not required for passport renewals
Acceptance Agent fee is $35 (see more about Acceptance Agent Fees)

4-6 week passport expediting / 10-12-week standard passport service - These are the standard processing times for passports at any acceptance agent.

Rolette County Recorder Service Area Radius

This passport office is located in - Rolette County and serves the passport needs for residents of other nearby zipcodes including: 58367, 58363, 58339, 58316, 58369, 58365, 58353, R0K 1A0, R0K 1G0, 58310, R0K 0L0, 58317, R0K 1L0, 58366, 58329, 58331, R0K 1S0, 58372, 58385

Frequently asked questions

How fast can I get a passport at Rolette County Recorder?

Rolette County Recorder does not issue passports, they are sent to a central processing facility, it will take at a minimum of 4 weeks if using expedited service and up to 12 weeks for standard processing.

I need a passport sooner than that, what are my options?

It's about 1200 miles roundtrip, so it is pretty far from Rolla to Colorado Passport Agency, the closest passport issuing agency. You might want to consider using a passport expediting service to save you the time of going there yourself.

Does Rolette County Recorder charge for passports?

Rolette County Recorder is an acceptance agent, Rolette County Recorder does not issue passports – they do however charge the standard $35 acceptance agent fee to seal your documents, this is only required for new or replacement passport applications; renewals do not need to be sealed and thus no acceptance agent fee is required. Please see our detailed information on passport fees.

Can I get walk-in passport service at Rolette County Recorder?

If by walk-in service you mean get your passport there at Rolette County Recorder? Then no. They do not issue passports, you can get walk-in passport issuance at a regional passport facility only, not local acceptance agent facilities; passport are sent to a central processing location.

Does Rolette County Recorder do passport renewals?

If you have your expired or soon-to-be expired passport, it is in good condition and the validity period on your expired passport was for 10-years, then you do not even need to visit an acceptance agent. You can do your application online, print-it and send it in with new passport photos, the old passport, and the required passport fees. See our guide about passport renewals to renew your passport yourself.

Can Rolette County Recorder tell me about the status of my application?

No, they are acceptance agents and have nothing to do with the application once they witness your signature and seal your application. Once an application is in-process, Rolette County Recorder will not be able to assist any further.

Does Rolette County Recorder take passport photos?

No, you will have to get your passport photo taken before you go to Rolette County Recorder for the sealing of your passport. Do not go there without getting passport photos first or you will not get your application sealed. Here's the list of locations to get passport photos in Rolla.

What forms of payment does Rolette County Recorder accept?

You can pay for the acceptance agent fees with cash, check, debit card, or money order. Your passport application fees will be paid separately by check or money order only.